Season 2, Ep. 3
Jim Jefferies & Forrest Shaw Make a Bloomin’ Onion with Lamb Lollipops
Sweet onion, like Vidalia
Salt and pepper
- Slice pointy side of onion off, then peel. Place onion cut-side down on cutting board
- Starting ½” from the root, make a downward cut all the way through. Continue all the way around the onion.
- Combine flour, cayenne, paprika, thyme, oregano, cumin, and black pepper in one bowl
- Combine eggs, milk, and one cup water; whisk
- Place onion in a separate bowl, flower-up and pour the flour mixture all over, making sure to get all in between the “petals.”
- Fully submerge floured onion in egg mixture, spooning it on top if necessary.
- Repeat flour process
- Heat at least 3” inches of frying oil in a Dutch oven
- Carefully lower the onion into the oil; fry about 3-4 minutes.
- Turn over and cook until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels before serving
VEGEMITE BEER CHEESE DIP
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat
- Add flour and stir, then lower heat to medium-low.
- Add beer, stirring continuously.
- Once thickened slightly, add milk and stir until thick again.
- Add Vegemite, mustard powder, paprika, and chicken salt. Stir to combine and reduce heat to low.
- Add grated cheese, one handful at a time. Stir quickly to combine before adding more handfuls.
- Pour into serving dish.
Zest and juice of lemon
- Combine malt syrup, Vegemite, and lemon juice in a bowl. Set aside
- Drizzle cutlets with oil, salt, and pepper
- Heat a large frying pan on high heat. Cook cutlets for 2 min on each side for medium-rare.
- Rest, loosely covered in foil.
- Dip cutlets in malt mixture and serve.
To purchase a 1-year rental subscription to this video and the entire Something's Burning series, please:
- Click GET 1 YEAR OF ACCESS.
- If this is your first time renting from BertyBoyProductions.com, please SIGN UP for an account with the box that pops up.
- Enter your name, email and a password and click REGISTER.
- Pay with your credit card or PayPal.
- You can watch any Something's Burning episode for one year after purchase, including all brand new, uncut episodes!
If you've rented here before or have already signed up, you already have an account, so just select LOGIN on the pop-up box and enter your credentials.
For all payment or access-related issues, please contact the Berty Boy Studios/InPlayer Support Center.
For streaming-related issues, please use the Berty Boy Productions Contact Page.
For all physical merchandise questions, please contact us via the Berty Boy Productions Store Customer Service page.