Something’s Burning - Jim Jefferies & Forrest Shaw Make a Bloomin’ Onion with Lamb LollipopsComedians, Jim Jefferies & Forrest Shaw hang out and watch me make a bloomin’ onion, Vegemite beer cheese dip, lamb lollipops, and an Oreo Vegemite cheesecake.
Get Season 1 of Something’s Burning AND brand new merch at https://bertyboyproductions.com/somethings-burning
* Sweet onion, like Vidalia
* Cayenne pepper
* Dried thyme
* Dried oregano
* Ground cumin
* Salt and pepper
* Whole milk
* Frying oil
1. Slice pointy side of onion off, then peel. Place onion cut-side down on cutting board
2. Starting ½” from the root, make a downward cut all the way through. Continue all the way around the onion.
3. Combine flour, cayenne, paprika, thyme, oregano, cumin, and black pepper in one bowl
4. Combine eggs, milk, and one cup water; whisk
5. Place onion in a separate bowl, flower-up and pour the flour mixture all over, making sure to get all in between the “petals.”
6. Fully submerge floured onion in egg mixture, spooning it on top if necessary.
7. Repeat flour process
8. Heat at least 3” inches of frying oil in a Dutch oven
9. Carefully lower the onion into the oil; fry about 3-4 minutes.
10. Turn over and cook until golden brown.
11. Drain on paper towels before serving
VEGEMITE BEER CHEESE DIP
* Unsalted butter
* Mustard powder
* Chicken salt
* Grated gouda
1. Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat
2. Add flour and stir, then lower heat to medium-low.
3. Add beer, stirring continuously.
4. Once thickened slightly, add milk and stir until thick again.
5. Add Vegemite, mustard powder, paprika, and chicken salt. Stir to combine and reduce heat to low.
6. Add grated cheese, one handful at a time. Stir quickly to combine before adding more handfuls.
7. Pour into serving dish.
* Malt syrup
* Zest and juice of lemon
* Lamb cutlets
* Olive oil
1. Combine malt syrup, Vegemite, and lemon juice in a bowl. Set aside
2. Drizzle cutlets with oil, salt, and pepper
3. Heat a large frying pan on high heat. Cook cutlets for 2 min on each side for medium-rare.
4. Rest, loosely covered in foil.
5. Dip cutlets in malt mixture and serve.
This episode is brought to you by Solo Stove. Get an extra $10 off when you use the code “BURNING” at http://www.solostove.com
Get a 60-day free trial at http://www.shipstation.com/burning Thanks to ShipStation for sponsoring the show!
SUSBCRIBE so you never miss a video https://bit.ly/3DC1ICg
For all TOUR DATE & MERCH click HERE: http://www.bertbertbert.com
Comedians, Jim Jefferies & Forrest Shaw hang out and watch me make a bloomin’ onion, Vegemite beer cheese dip, lamb lollipops, and an Oreo Vegemite cheesecake.